7.11.2008

It's not what you see on the outside....

2 posts in one day- the week of a procrastination challenge? Obviously, I am having a little trouble on this one! Anyhow- my friend Abby has this link on her blog. I am stealing it. (Thanks for the discovery Abby!)
This video gives us something to think about- I am even going to show it to my 4-year-old son, who already at such a young age has a distorted view of what makes a woman pretty.
Click below & remember that true beauty is not what we see on the covers of magazines while in the checkout line at the grocery store.

5 comments:

  1. That was amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! What we see is not really what the model looks like. I wish so much that the world could stop making us all think we have to fit a certain mold to be thought of as beautiful! It's one of my biggest challenges with 3 daughters in the house. I want them to know they are beautiful no matter what their shape or size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this video before. It amazes me each time I watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you... so much. My daughter is 14 and I just had her come and watch this. It's so real...

    I am a single mother of 5 girls, I can teach them to be strong, but can I teach them to love themselves? Only time will truely tell that.

    ReplyDelete