6.23.2008

CHALLENGE.......Soak it up

While my stomach tried it's very best to turn itself inside out this weekend, I remembered a recent challenge idea sent in by Amber. A hot bath -so hot that my body aches seemed to melt down into the water. I couldn't tell you the last time I took a bath.
As a mom, my clean routine includes a quick shower. If I am lucky, I have enough time to shave one of my legs. No matter how well I plan it, it is only moments before my 4-year-old runs in to tell me that my 2-year-old is mauling my 4-month-old. And let me tell you- that gets old.

I deserted my husband with the kids, (if you don't have that option, call a friend & make a trade), and disappeared to the master suite....not really much of a suite, but if you are talking about a luxurious bath, you can't just say bathroom..... After fishing way too many tub toys from my precious bubbles, my relaxation began.

Do you ever see the razor commercials on TV with the beautiful girl shaving her long lean legs in a luxurious bathtub? I was that girl....only for about 45 minutes- but oh how nice it was. I even put some bubbles in my hand and blew them into the air.

I also finally had the revelation of a life long question of mine....oh- that's what soap scum is.....but that is beside the point....and it has since been taken care of. Anyways....

CHALLENGE......Soak it up

Take a bath. Not a clean-up bath. Take an "escape" bath. Escape just for a while. Go all out: Bubbles, lights out and candles. Take a luxurious, relaxing bath.

You will feel renewed and rejuvenated.

Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. COUNT ME IN---I love a good bubble bath (even after I set aside the kids toys, etc)

    Am up for this challenge (is this REALLY a CHALLENGE??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be in on this one esspecially after one week at girls camp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a plan. My tub needs a scrub anyway, and what better way to reward myself for actually getting something clean than to grab some bubbles (if my husband has left me any, he takes more bubble baths than the kids) and a candle and soak up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhhh, this one I'll have to pass on. I absolutely DETEST baths - make me feel so gross!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in Arizona, and it is atleast 110 degrees every day! I cannot even think about a hot bath without sweating right now! Maybe I'll take a long shower, or a nap...would that count?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh.... that sounds so nice right. We just finished our first primary activity. It went well but boy do I ache.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah! This ones easy! I plan on taking a nice long one tonight!!!!!! Just a question. Can a one year old already be in the "terrible two's"? And please don't tell me it lasts all the way til 3!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I'm IN! We have 3 'bathrooms' in our house, but only 1 of those has an actual tub...the other 2 have showers. So I will have to move the tub toys out of the way, but I think I can manage. I may wait until my hubby installs the new bathroom fan this weekend though...because I just may be in there long enough for the paint to start peeling w/out a fan.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'M IN!! This will definitely be a challenge, since we only have one bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore baths. For my husband and my first christmas together he bought me some yummy bath salts... I guess it's time to pull those out! (and yes, I've had them for more than a few years... but they should still work, right?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE IT! What's great is that my husband has been benefitting the past few weeks from the ponytail challenge (I told him about it and he's commented several times on how nice it is to see me actually "doing" my hair and puting "real" clothes on) so now there better be no arguements when I tell him to keep the kids busy while I take a long, hot bath. All in the name of the PONYTAIL CHALLENGE! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete